|Type||EIT PhD Programmes, entrepreneurship training|
|Nominal duration||6 Months|
Current PhD students
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Candidates should be studying in Europe or a H2020 eligible country
The Global Food Venture Programme fosters the entrepreneurial growth of doctoral students working on challenges in the Agrifood sector. Young innovators gain essential business creation skills and knowledge through a bespoke 6-Month Curriculum of Training Bootcamps, Mentoring, Corporate Site Visits, Networking Events and Pitch Competitions. In this period, they are supported by top coaches and technology experts from EIT Food partners and have the unique chance to explore key innovation ecosystems in Europe.
There are two open calls for applications in 2021, GFVP Stage I and Stage II
You are allowed to apply to both within the same year. See below, specific information on Stage II.
The programme is funded by EIT Food. Entry fees apply: 300 Euro Stage II
GFVP Stage II – Business Incubation
Stage II is designed to support 25 talented PhD students with solid business ideas in food & agriculture. Early stage entrepreneurs will join our pre-Incubation bootcamp in June to learn all about viable business creation, and a 6 month mentoring programme to bring their ventures to the next level. The start of the second bootcamp is planned at the end of September. In addition, Final Pitch Competition Event will be organised online with best start-up prizes awarded by EIT Food.
• 1 week Business Pre-Incubation Bootcamp (online) (28, 29, 30 June – full days & 01, 02 July – only in the morning & Demo Day on 7 July)
• 10 days Business Bootcamp (online) to be delivered over 4 weeks in short 3-4 hr blocks. Starts Sep 27
• Mentoring by an EIT Food partner (online). Starts July ,with one coaching meeting per month
• Final Event with pitch competition and cash prizes (up to 10K) online (Expected dates: 1., 2. or 3. of December)
• Mobility grants (online) up to 3K per participant. Application required
• Private online course on Food Systems, by EIT Food. To learn at own pace
Due to COVID19 global pandemic, the GFVP Stage II – Business Incubation will be delivered fully online.