EIT Food Sustainable Food Systems - Entrepreneurial Summer School
|Study location||Germany, Munich|
|Type||Inspire, entrepreneurship training|
|Nominal duration||2 weeks|
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The ‘Sustainable Food Systems’ Summer School aims to address current and future sustainability challenges of the food system. Participants will take on a production, consumption, and socio-economic angle to tackle issues such as environmental footprint, biodiversity, and food waste. The Entrepreneurship Summer School encourages citizens – university students, PhD/Post-Doc candidates, young professionals, from interdisciplinary backgrounds – to create, evaluate, and implement their ideas for a sustainable food system.
Participants will be split up into interdisciplinary teams and learn methodological skills in ideation, business creation, and product development to create idea concepts. Furthermore participants will be able to make informed decisions about their future career as either an entrepreneur, researcher or intrapreneur in the food industry. Promising MVPs will have the chance to get support in the EIT Food Accelerator Network.
The summer school is co-located in Haifa, Israel and Munich, Germany. The first week will be at Technion in Haifa and the second week at TUM in Munich.
Haifa, 01.09.2019 – 08.09.2019
Munich, 08.09.2019 – 14.09.2019
No participation fees are charged.
Housing during the summer school and transfer from Haifa to Munich will be provided. Participants are responsible for travel costs to Haifa and from Munich.
Participants need to cover costs for food on their own.
Please fill out the form and let us know your motivation, why you want to join the summer school in a short video (2-3 min). We are looking forward to your applications!
Terms and Conditions:
By applying to the summer school you accept the terms and conditions.
To apply for the EIT Food Summer School, you must be at least 18 years of age, when submitting your application and an undergraduate, graduate or PhD student.
By applying, you agree to be available to travel to and from Haifa and Munich within 12 hours before the start of the EIT Food Summer School. If you need to make other arrangements, these need to be approved beforehand by the EIT Food Summer School organizers.
During the program, the following costs are covered for all participants:
- Accommodation in shared rooms for 6 nights in Haifa during the workshop week.
- Accommodation in shared rooms for 6 nights in Munich during the workshop week.
- Transportation between Haifa and Munich.
You are responsible for covering any additionally occurring costs that are not mentioned here (e.g. any activity engaged in during free-time, etc.).
You are expected to attend and participate in all program activities organized by the EIT Food Summer School team during the program period.
In order to guarantee fluid and cooperative communication among the teams and other stakeholders, you agree to the distribution of relevant professional data from your CV/LinkedIn to other parties involved in the project (such as corporate partners, other participants, coaches, etc.). This information will be handled in accordance with German data protection procedures.
You are asked to treat any non-public knowledge you gain about the other involved parties (e.g. speakers or corporate partners) with confidentiality. This commitment shall continue following the end of the program.
As part of our project marketing, you acknowledge that the EIT Food Summer School has the right to use all promotional materials, including but not limited to photographs, videos and testimonials made during the workshop weeks for future communication activities.
The EIT Food Summer School is not responsible for:
- The safety of the participants during events and activities throughout the program and final presentation.
- Damage to the property of a participant or damage caused by a participant to the property of the EIT Food Summer School organizers and third parties.
- Other damages, losses, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the EIT Summer Summer School program.
- Should you accept a place in the EIT Food Summer School and fail thereafter to attend and fully participate in the activities up to and including the final presentation, you agree to be responsible for any upcoming costs. This excludes cases of force majeure or illness, which will be reviewed by the EIT Food Summer School management on a case-by-case basis.