|Type||Work@EIT Food, part-time|
Candidates must come from one of the following RIS countries or regions:
Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy (only regions: Molise, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicilia, Sardegna, Umbria, Marche, Abruzzo, Campania, Valle d’Aosta), Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, (only regions: Łódzkie, Lubelskie, Małopolskie, Podkarpackie, Świętokrzyskie, Podlaskie, Wielkopolskie, Lubuskie, Dolnośląskie, Opolskie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie, Zachodniopomorskie, Mazovia Region – without Warsaw), Portugal, Romania, lovakia, Slovenia, Spain (only regions: Galicia, Principado de Asturias, Cantabria, La Rioja, Castilla-la Mancha, Extremadura, Illes Balears, Andalucía, Región de Murcia, Canarias, Castilla y León, Aragón, Comunidad Valenciana), Turkey.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
min. B2 (CEFR)
EIT Food is a consortium of more than 50 partners from leading businesses, research centres and universities across 13 countries that has been selected by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) as the Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) in the agrifood sector. As one of the largest public funded initiatives in the EU agrifood innovation space, the EIT Food KIC will act as a people-centric and resource-smart transformer of the European food system, driving consumer confidence and improving global health.
EIT Food is planning to establish a policy advisory body EIT Food RIS Council, consisting of stakeholder representatives from EIT RIS countries. The Council will have the following tasks:
- Analysis of the progress of the implementation of EIT Food RIS Strategy 2018-2020, especially RIS programmes dedicated to support students, entrepreneurs, researchers and innovators,
- Participation in the actualisation of EIT Food RIS Strategy, 2018-2020 and preparation of new strategy after 2021,
- Participation in the monitoring and evaluation of EIT Food Hubs’ activities,
- Providing the opinions concerning present agri-food issues important from the perspective of RIS countries, especially from the EU financial perspective 2021-2027,
- Participation in RIS Expert Community and other EIT Food RIS events (i.e. EIT Food Awareness Days, EIT Food Demo Days),
- Promotion of EIT Food activities in RIS countries, including contacts with national and regional authorities (in a country represented by the given Member).
Knowledge, skills and experience
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council should come from RIS regions and should have experience related to below areas:
- quadruple helix (stimulating cooperation between government, academia, business and society)
- smart specialisation (design, implementation)
- Horizon 2020 and European Structural and Investment Funds – ESI Funds (preparation of applications, implementation)
- research and innovation policy at national or regional levels (design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation)
Application and Selection Procedure
EIT Food hereby invites individuals with relevant experience to apply as RIS Council members.
The call is open between 19 June and 27 June 2019.
In order for applications to be accessible to the call, all sections should be completed. Areas of expertise and professional experience should be adequately detailed and documented. An application is considered complete once confirmed as valid in the online electronic system.
Only the experts whose expertise correspond to the needs for the database of evaluators will be contacted by EIT Food. This does not prevent the experts not included to apply to future call for expression of interest. Inclusion in the database will be for a 3-year term, which can be renewed.
- open call promoted by EIT Food and EIT Food Hubs in RIS countries and published on 19 June and 27 June 2019 (limited to physical persons with some experience related to knowledge, skills and experience),
- evaluation carried out by CLCs with the opinions of EIT Food Hubs (27-28 June)
- selection one candidate per country (28 June)
- invitation selected persons to the EIT Food Government Executive Academy (October) and other persons to EIT Food RIS Community (with official letter signed by Director of CLC)
Benefits and obligations for the Members of the EIT Food RIS Council:
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council could take advantage from:
- The opportunity to officially use the title of the Member of the EIT Food RIS Council
- The participation in EIT Food RIS activities (optionally), such as EIT Food Government * The opportunity to have impact on design and implementation of EIT Food RIS activities
- The participation in European agri-food community, especially through active engagement in EIT Food RIS Expert Community (obligatory; publication of at least 3 posts per year)
EIT Food will cover the costs of participation of the Members in at least three EIT Food RIS Council meetings per year (meetings usually up to 2 working days and linked with other EIT Food activities) and regular videoconferences (at least one per quarter). Each participant will be granted 1000 € to cover the costs of accommodation and travel (per meeting). No other financial benefits are provided to the Members of the EIT Food RIS Council.
The Membership in the EIT Food RIS Council will include years 2019 and 2020. In 2019 is planned to organise 3 meetings of EIT Food RIS Council: one in Poland and two in Spain/Portugal.
The schedule of work for 2020 will be proposed and discussed with the Members in December 2019.