|Type||Work@EIT Food, part-time|
Candidates must come from one of the following RIS countries or regions:
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
min. B2 (CEFR)
EIT Food is a consortium of more than 50 partners from leading businesses, research centres and universities across 15 countries that has been selected by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) as the Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) in the agrifood sector. As one of the largest public funded initiatives in the EU agrifood innovation space, the EIT Food KIC will act as a people-centric and resource-smart transformer of the European food system, driving consumer confidence and improving global health.
Application and Selection Procedure
EIT Food hereby invites individuals with relevant experience to apply as RIS Council members.
The call is open between April 28th and May 17th.
In order for applications to be accessible to the call, all sections should be completed. Areas of expertise and professional experience should be adequately detailed and documented. An application is considered complete once confirmed as valid in the online electronic system.
Only the experts whose expertise correspond to the needs for the database of evaluators will be contacted by EIT Food. This does not prevent the experts not included to apply to future call for expression of interest. Inclusion in the database will be for a 3-year term, which can be renewed.
Presentation of the EIT Food RIS Council:
EIT Food established a policy advisory body EIT Food RIS Council, consisting of stakeholder representatives from EIT RIS countries. The Council supports EIT Food in policy dialogue and other interactions in the target countries, contribute towards the further elaboration of EIT Food instruments and projects, as well as promotes linkages with government authorities and other stakeholders, with a view to synchronise the development of EIT Food portfolio with national or regional Smart Specialisation Strategies of the targeted EIT RIS countries.
EIT Food RIS Council will further strengthen synergies with EIT RIS stakeholders. Interactions with regional stakeholders will support active involvement of EIT Food representatives in the Entrepreneurial Discovery Processes in targeted EIT RIS countries and regions, contributing to the preparations for the next financial perspective of the European Union (2021-2027). Through policy dialogue with national and regional authorities which select agri-food-related topics as their Smart Specialisation Strategies, EIT Food expects to develop and implement joint innovation and entrepreneurship strategies with Knowledge Triangle partners from the selected EIT RIS countries.
Goals of the EIT Food RIS Council:
Analysis of the progress of the implementation of EIT Food RIS Strategy 2018-2020, especially RIS programmes dedicated to support students, entrepreneurs, researchers and innovators,
Participation in the actualisation of EIT Food RIS Strategy after 2021,
Participation in the monitoring and evaluation of EIT Food Hubs’ activities,
Providing the opinions concerning present agri-food issues important from the perspective of RIS countries, especially from the EU financial perspective 2021-2027,
Participation in RIS Expert Community and other EIT Food RIS events (i.e. EIT Food Awareness Days, EIT Food Demo Days),
Promotion of EIT Food activities in RIS countries, including contacts with national and regional authorities (in a country represented by the given Member).
Benefits and obligations for the Members of the EIT Food RIS Council:
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council could take advantage from:
- The opportunity to officially use the title of the Member of the EIT Food RIS Council,
- The participation in EIT Food RIS activities (optionally), such as EIT Food Government Executive Academy, EIT Food Awareness Events, Demo Days, X-KIC Events,
- The opportunity to have impact on design and implementation of EIT Food RIS activities
- The participation in European agri-food community, especially through active engagement in EIT Food RIS Expert Community (obligatory; publication of at least 3 posts per year)
- EIT Food covers the costs of participation of the Members in at least three EIT Food RIS Council meetings per year (meetings usually up to 2 working days and linked with other EIT Food activities) and regular videoconferences (at least one per quarter). Each participant will be granted 1000 € to cover the costs of accommodation and travel (per meeting). No other financial benefits are provided to the Members of the EIT Food RIS Council.
- The Membership in the EIT Food RIS Council includes year 2020. In 2020 is planned to organise 3 meetings of EIT Food RIS Council (one online event and two meetings in Poland, Spain, Hungary or Brussels if the situation allows travels).
Profile of the Members of EIT Food RIS Council – keywords
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council should come from RIS regions1 and should have experience related to below areas:
- quadruple helix (stimulating cooperation between government, academia, business and society),
- smart specialisation (design, implementation),
- Horizon 2020 and European Structural and Investment Funds – ESI Funds (preparation of applications, implementation),
- research and innovation policy at national or regional levels (design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation).
- open call promoted by EIT Food and EIT Food Hubs in RIS countries and published in the end of April (limited to physical persons with some experience related to keywords),
- evaluation carried out by CLC North-East with the opinions of EIT Food Hubs (second part of May) – the draft of application and evaluation criteria are presented in Annex 1
- selection one candidate per country (June)