|Nominal duration||3 weeks, 45 min per day|
|Tuition fee||€50 per programme
The course, will be proposed at a discounted fee of 50 EUR in 2019.
Students (undergraduate, graduate, PhD) will be charged 10 EUR only.
Open for everyone, special discount for students outside of the Food Systems Master program
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Upload verified certificate of matriculation (for students)
This course was developed by 7 top European Universities together with EIT Food and leading food companies to give you over the course of 3 weeks an introduction to the food system.
- Why do we need a food systems approach to solve future problems?
- Learn about the fundamentals of system science
- Get insights into the different parts of the food system: primary production & food processing, food distribution and consumption, side streams and food integrity
Who should join the course
- Professionals from the food and agriculture sector
- Professionals from the retail sector
- Everyone who wants to understand the food system
- Students considering a career in the food sector
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of a food system approach and its relevance for system innovation
- Discuss key principles of system science, in particular, those relevant for food systems
- Analyze the principal components of the food system and describe their systemic interactions and dependencies
- Critically evaluate different responses to current challenges in food systems
- Model your own career in the food system by reflecting on your existing competencies and the potential for knowledge and skill development in your chosen career path
This online course is spread over 3 weeks, but learning times can be flexible. The course consists of videos, articles and several interactive steps.
There is no special requirement to join this course, however to be applicable for the student discount you need to upload a certificate of matriculation