|Nominal duration||3 weeks, 45 min per day|
Open for everyone
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
No documents are required
This course was developed by 7 top European Universities together with EIT Food and leading food companies to give you over the course of 3 weeks an introduction to the food system.
- Why do we need a food systems approach to solve future problems?
- Learn about the fundamentals of system science
- Get insights into the different parts of the food system: primary production & food processing, food distribution and consumption, side streams and food integrity
Who should join the course
- Professionals from the food and agriculture sector
- Professionals from the retail sector
- Everyone who wants to understand the food system
- Students considering a career in the food sector
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of a food system approach and its relevance for system innovation
- Discuss key principles of system science, in particular, those relevant for food systems
- Analyze the principal components of the food system and describe their systemic interactions and dependencies
- Critically evaluate different responses to current challenges in food systems
- Model your own career in the food system by reflecting on your existing competencies and the potential for knowledge and skill development in your chosen career path
This online course is spread over 3 weeks, but learning times can be flexible. The course consists of videos, articles and several interactive steps.
There is no special requirement to join this course
Note that you can register for this run of thecourse until April 26th. Once registered, you will have unlimited access to the course material