|Type||Professional Development, hybrid|
|Tuition fee||€12,950 per programme
Corporate participants: 12,950€. The early bird rate is 9,950€ (until the 30th of June 2023).
Participants from small businesses, Social enterprises, or Governments: 8,500€. The early bird rate is 5,950€ (until the 30th of June 2023).
After the ROOT, you walk away with:
• A thorough understanding of our complex food system and drivers for change
• The ability to trigger positive tipping points towards a healthier, more sustainable and more just system
• An invaluable network of like-minded change agents, from all corners of the food system
• Communication skills to bridge the silos within the food system
• An inspiring transformative story to involve your network, the EIT Food network, selected media and beyond
• A strategy for real food system transformation
• Practical tools and ways of working to become a systems changes leader
During The ROOT, you will:
• Experience how you can lead fully by purpose
• Build trust within the food systems for urgent change
• Grow your network of like-minded leaders who thrive for sustainable impact
• Collectively target positive tipping points in the food system
• Experience what you can do to have impact on the biggest challenges in the food system
Duration & Dates
The ROOT lasts 8 months, with personal intakes from July – September 2023.
The virtual kick-off is on the 7th of September 2023 and the journey ends on the 19th April 2023.
• Virtual kick-off Understand the nature of our collective quest
• Initiating Live learning experience, Copenhagen: redefining our common cause
We will spend these 2+ days connecting to bridge silos in our food system and savouring the lifeworlds of food. You’ll reconnect to your personal purpose, develop your perspective on food systems change and map your current impact. How can we trigger positive tipping points, build trust and lead with others across the food system? You may come away with more questions than answers at this stage – but you’ll know that you have your team to help.
• Peer coach circles
In every peer coach circle, you connect on impact, intention and drive with five other participants and a guide. Let’s unleash the power of peer-learning using your real-life sustainability challenges.
It’s also a thorough way to grow your conversational leadership skills.
• Online interactive session A.
Sharpen your impact agenda Get deeper into the essence of leadership choices and how to navigate through paradoxes. Learn how to focus by using design thinking as a tool.
• Online interactive session B.
Create leverage in the system We’ll deepen our understanding of how structures shape normality, which is at times abnormal, and influence the food system. You will enhance your abilities to negotiate during this session.
• Online interactive session C.
Reframe We will up your creativity. How can you design waste out of your business processes? One way to boost creativity is to challenge our biases by radical questioning.
• Online interactive session D.
Create a movement Possibly the most important challenge: how do we create a movement? You practise your storytelling skills to initiate transformations.
• Online interactive session E.
Transformative stories In this session, you’ll present your transformative story to create a movement. The next generation of systems changes leaders will be coaching you.
• Final Live learning experience, Berlin: Collective food system change/rally the herd
Together, we will create collective agency within the system. You’ll refine your action plan and convene your stakeholders. Map your future impact, sharpen your saw, and pass the baton to the next group of food systems change leaders.
Central European Time
Central European Time