|Type||Food Solutions, part-time|
|Nominal duration||12 hours (3 hours/week over 4 weeks or 1.5 hours week over 8 weeks)|
This flexible, self-guided course takes approximately 12 hours to complete and you will be awarded a certificate upon completing the course. You can take the course at your own pace, fitting around your current commitments, but it’s recommended to complete it within 4-8 weeks. You will be taken sequentially through the journey of developing a new venture, following these key topics:
- Entrepreneurship, Problem Definition and Prototyping
- Market Scoping and Consumer Behaviour
- Business Modelling and Financial Planning
- Business Plan and Pitch Presentation Submission and Feedback
You will finish the course with a completed Business Model Canvas, light business plan and a 5 minute pitch, which you will submit when you’ve completed the course content.
You can work through the course as an individual or as a group and either come with an idea you already have or use one of our examples to work through the material.
- Identify a problem that can be addressed by a sustainable solution
- Evaluate a target market and competitors in order to assess the potential for a product innovation
- Assess alternative product concepts to communicate a sustainable value proposition
- Create a prototype using MVP (minimum viable product) principles
- Adopt technologies and techniques to deliver an innovative solution and business case
You will be equipped with the knowledge and tools you need to build your set of innovation and entrepreneurship skills, whether you are an entrepreneur looking to build your venture or an employee aiming to drive innovation within your organisation.
Our modules will guide you through the journey of developing a new venture: from identifying the problem you want to solve to building your business model.
The course is designed to be flexible to your needs; you can join the course with a problem or solution already in mind, or use one of our set challenges to work through the material. You can also choose to work through the course as an individual or as a group, if you already have a team together.
Take the course at your pace, fitting around your current commitments, until you are ready to complete your final submission and earn your certificate!
Duration & Dates
The course will open from Monday 4th July
12 hours (3 hours/week over 4 weeks or 1.5 hours week over 8 weeks)
Fully online, taken at your own pace
- University of Cambridge
- University of Reading
- University of Warsaw
- Aarhus University
Completing this course will build your innovation skills and entrepreneurial thinking. It will help you develop the skills you need to support your entrepreneurial journey, whether you are looking to start a venture or bring something new to the company you are working in!