|Lugar de estudios||ONLINE|
|Tipo||Inspire, educación a distancia|
|Idioma de estudio||inglés|
|Costo de inscripción||350 € una vez
Baseline price for all applicants is 800 EUR (VAT excl.). Early bird fee of 250 EUR (VAT excl.) is available until 27 May, 2022. Full price after the early bird deadline: 350 EUR (VAT excl.)
|Calificación de ingreso||
Diploma de grado superior (o superior)
We are seeking undergraduates, Masters students, PhD students, Post-Docs, young professionals or aspiring entrepreneurs interested in transforming the food system and improving the lives of specific parts of the population. We are interested in individuals from multidisciplinary backgrounds to work in teams to come up with innovative ideas, e.g. Food Sciences, Sciences, Engineering, Business/ Marketing, Informatics and Computational Science, among others.
English is a necessity.
|Requisitos de idioma||
Debes adjuntar una carta de presentación a tu solicitud.
Do you want to learn how to create and market a food product? One that aims to meet the needs of a specific consumer group? APPLY NOW for the Inspire Programme in Targeted Nutrition!
You will learn how to develop healthy innovative food products for consumers with specific nutritional needs. Get to know the problem: Understand the target groups with specific nutritional needs or where nutrients are currently lacking in a particular population group. Understand how to develop food products; from the consumer understanding and ingredients, through to food processing, food safety and packaging, as well understanding the UK and EU’s policy landscape.
Collaborate with other learners to design and assess existing product formulation processes and learn how to communicate with various stakeholders to become the future of food entrepreneurship!
Learners will gain experience from academics from the University of Reading (UK), Aarhus University (Denmark), Basque Culinary Center (Spain) and the Spanish food cooperative group Grupo AN, as well as drawing on the experience of other small food companies.
Topics to be covered include targeted Nutrition, food product ingredients, technology, labelling, sensory science, identifying a market segment, intellectual property, food safety, flavour and consumer needs and building a business.
What you will learn:
- Learners will develop their knowledge about the nutritional needs of these populations and how they differ to the general population. These will include infants, children, adolescents, or older adults. These group will be targeted as they are most at risk of nutritional deficiency or overnutrition, which can have implications for the development of non-communicable diseases and life-long ill health.
- Learner will apply their nutrition knowledge to devise a new product for a specific target group.
- Learners will be challenged to synthesis a defined product specification, evaluate, and construct the progression of a new food product from the development stage to commercial production.
- Learners will analyse the product lifecycle and evaluate the environmental impact.
- Learners will be supported by food industry representatives allowing students to develop creative thinking, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Estructura del curso
In the Inspire Programme, learners will be challenged in groups to develop healthy food products for specificed target group. Groups will be inspired through flipped classroom learning on the focused needs of each group, including market gaps and business opportunities, nutritional requirements and policy, and technological innovation. They will then be challenged to prepare a defined product specification, evaluate, and construct the progression of a new food product from the development stage to commercial production, considering product lifecycle and environmental impact. The projects will be supported by food industry representatives allowing students to experience creative thinking, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The Inspire Programme will be delivered fully ONLINE.
A cohort of motivated participants from across Europe will join our Targeted Nutrition Inspire Programme. Over a period of 3 weeks, the programme will provide a dynamic and supportive environment for you to explore the development of food products for targeted consumer groups, develop your entrepreneurial mindset and learn how you can transform your ideas into business propositions.
The Targeted Nutrition Inspire Course will take place online with a combination of online learning resources; and live interactive virtual sessions:
- Monday 13th June: Access to online learning resources & Live Virtual Kick-off Event lasting 1.5h
- Mon 13th – Fri 17th June: There will be 1h live contact time each day
- Monday 13th June – Monday 27th June: Online learning activities to be completed asynchronously in your own time and at your own pace
- Monday 27th June – Wed 29th June: Live Target Nutrition Bootcamp where you will design and prototype your own Targeted Nutrition Food products
- Thu 30th June: Live Targeted Nutrition Pitch Event with Prizes
The Bootcamp will take place between 10am-2pm (CET) (9am – 1pm UK time) with regular breaks, except for on Tuesday 28th June where an evening cookery demonstration and showcase from Basque Culinary School will take place from 6-8pm (CET). Learners will need to be able to work on tasks outside of these hours also.
These sessions have been designed to been interactive and avoid online fatigue whilst ensuring you have an opportunity to meet and engage with a wide range of experts and stakeholders across the nutrition and food product development lifecycle.
Total course time commitment = 60 hours